While shopping on eBay one time I came across WonderWine. Homemade wine in a box. Hmmmmmmmm. I purchased two and made them. The loganberry turned out OK. The grape did not.
Last night I decided to give it another try.
The idea of WonderWine is to be able to make wine in 2-litre soda bottles. Inside the box are three packets - flavor, yeast, and clarifier. All you need to add is sugar and water. You will also need two pieces of saran wrap and two rubber bands. The instructions show how much sugar to add dependent upon your tastes.
Here's what I did:
- Take two 2-litre bottles and wash them.
- According to the package directions add all of your sugar to one bottle.
(Since I like a sweeter wine I added 4 1/2 cups of sugar.)
- Open the flavor packet and add to the bottle with the sugar.
- Add hot water to the bottle with the sugar and flavor until it is 3/4's full.
- Put lid on and shake until sugar and flavor are dissolved. (This did not take long.)
- Divide the contents evenly between the two bottles.
- Fill the two bottles up the rest of the way with cold water.
- Open the yeast packet and divide evenly between the two bottles.
- Cover the openings with saran wrap and tighten with a rubber band.
- Let sit for 6 weeks or so until the bubbles have stopped fizzing. At that point you will add the clarifier and let sit for another period of time.